Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Too Busy to Blog

if you've been checking in, you may have noticed, we havent' had much to say! it amazes me how the day flies by...and how busy we are just getting up, getting dressed, eating..and taking care of Georgia! She's doing great, and I hope on Saturday to post a few pics. Her sleeping habits are still not what we'd like, but we see signs of her adapting to sleeping at night.
Our Nanny Laurie has returned from NW Iowa! We are GLAD that Western Christian of HUll made it into the Boys State BB tournement in DM, for that brought Cousin Laurie to Desmoines and then to our house! I feel like we've totally taken advantage of her, by letting her sleep on our sofa, right next to the swing where Georgia spends her nights! But the nanny seems to enjoy these accomidations, and only asks that she has off to enjoy the ball games. That we can manage!
Val will return to see her Heart Doctors in Des Moines today, shes' been retaining fluid again, and this is a problem we must stay on top of, so pray for a good report and easy solution to this current problem. Val continues to struggle with exhaustion, but is really dealing with everything rather well, and finding much joy in taking care of Georgia.
Our needs have been met in so many ways, including delicious meals made for us every night for the past two weeks! Dennis' cousin Joan Van Zante (rjvanzante@gmail.com) has done an excellant job of organizing this for us and also providing a couple meals herself! When the days have seemed long from lack of sleep or too many appointments, we have always been able to sit down to a meal as a family at home. A simple pleasure that after a few weeks of hospital cafeteria food, really hit the spot! Our sincere thanks to all of you who have helped us in this way.
If you should notice the time of this post, you'll see that I am in fact UP early! I think I may have ALMOST gotten too much sleep last night! Perhaps I should be storing up , for when the nanny returns home!
I am still on leave from KCWN. Sometimes I miss it..Sometimes I can't beleive I ever did have a life before this current one! But I guess it's all part of learning to Trust...
Thanks for caring for us
Bev

No comments: