Friday, April 10, 2009

GOOD Friday

We just got home from church...a moving service, reminding us of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, for me. We sang, "all the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them". that had extra meaning for me this time. I think of how I've given up so much, my job (which was more than a job to me, so much more...) time, a bit of myself, sleep...so much I've "given" up, but still I'm left with more every time I do. So that helps me know it's a God thing..he's calling me to better things, I just know it..and one of those is the face I get to gaze upon every night around midnight....
A couple other faces have joined me tonight, Colby and Tysen are here, right now snuggled into bed with Poppa watching Bolt. it's a sweet reminder of what the really good things in life are.
I must admit, I've been with out a radio job for a week, and I'm missing it. But I still have peace about it..and to further prove that God has a sense of humor...today I received my first job offer since leaving KCWN...to do the morning show on a OLDIES station! I told them I would consider if I could add in a few rocking Third Day, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, songs along the way and continue to be me...Talk about an opportunity to evangelize!
so you never know what's around the next corner...
All I can say tonight is
Ain't God Good??
I'll be switching the blog address to bevdevries.blogspot.com very soon, since I see my link and my bio have been removed from the KCWN sight..as is fitting...so watch for the move..and the new sight is called...
a Better Day.
I'll explain that one later, it's time to fix a snack for the movie crew!
Happy Easter!!
Bev

No comments: